UCT Finance strives for a combination of good practice, stewardship and forward projection to provide the financial resources needed. Our financial aim is to provide for sustainable operations and the ability to invest in initiatives consistent with our mission.
Focus areas of UCT's financial plan
- Education encompasses the recurrent activities of teaching and scholarship.
- Research and similar operations that are specifically funded.
- Staff and student housing
- Investment income and financing expenditure
- Capital expenditure
- Capital structure and financing
- Cash-flow planning brings together the consequences of all the financial components above and provides a ready measure of the risk we face.
Financial Policy in Respect of Council-Controlled Funds
This policy is integral to University strategy and planning and should be understood in the context of the Overview of the Financial Governance, Structures and Processes of the University. See Downloads on right for both documents.