The International Visitors' Programme exists to design and manage appropriate programmes for international and national visitors to UCT.
Its duties include:
- advising prospective visitors and putting them in touch with the people / units best suited to the purpose of their visit
- providing the professional service expected by international visitors and faculties who will be at UCT for a range of purposes and time periods
- designing and managing appropriate programmes for international and national visitors to UCT, and fact-finding missions for individuals, groups, donors, potential donors, diplomats, academics, etc
- advising visiting academics and prospective staff of South African government regulations about visitors' visas and/or work permits
- assisting international staff and visitors already at UCT to extend their study/work/research permits and obtain travel documents
- managing and scheduling tours of campus
In order to assist us to plan for the visits so that they yield maximum benefit for all concerned and to accommodate the many visit requests that UCT receives, it has become necessary to request some systematic advance information prior to the visit. To this end please complete the Visit Request Form (see Download, top right).
International Mobility / Exchange visitors and individual academic or non-academic visitors: please email Felicity Mashodi or telephone +27 21 650 4160 or +27 21 650 2822/3740. For research visits please click here.
Prospective staff or visiting academic visa and/or work-permit-type queries: please contact the UCT Human Resources Recruitment and Development section - telephone +27 21 650 3812.
General international or national high-level delegations: please email Campbell Lyons or telephone +27 21 650 3730.