The International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO) comprises four distinct sections, under the leadership of the IAPO Director.
The sections within IAPO are:
- African Programmes and Partnerships (APP), which incorporates the USHEPiA Programme;
- Finance & Administration section. U.S. Federal Aid is also administered through them. Canadian citizens are now also welcome to contact the office to apply for a Canadian federal aid;
- International Full Degree Students section
- Mobility and Links section, which includes the Semester Study Abroad Programme and the Exchanges section.
- Systems, Information & Communication
As a unit, IAPO reports directly to the Executive via the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Thandabantu Nhlapo.