NOTE: SCHOLARSHIP EXTENSIONS
Dear Students, Please be advised of the following EXTENSIONS on closing dates:
Postgraduate degree funding
Bursaries & scholarships
UCT merit & need awards
Despite active steps taken by UCT, it is impossible to support all needy postgraduate students. Financially needy students are those whose family income amounts to R200 000 per annum or less. Students applying for need will be considered but must ensure that they are able to provide some contribution towards their studies via their own resources, external bursaries or part-time employment.
The following criteria have to be met:
- The students must be South African citizens or permanent residents
- They must be financially needy (see above)
Bursaries are not available for diplomas, certificates, the LLB or the HDE & BArch degree.
The bursary value may vary.
The closing date for new applications for merit and need-based have been extended to: 9 November 2015.
- 2016 Form 10A: Application for Financial Assistance for South African Postgraduate(Honours, Masters & Doctoral) students who will register for Full-Time study
- funding is not guaranteed
- the university does not offer full cost support
- the university is not responsible for any outstanding fee debt of any student
Students must note that:
The university cannot consider assistance for the cost of dependants. Only the applicant's assessed personal and academic costs are taken into account. Section 4 (see booklet under Download) lists awards administered independently of UCT and enquiries should be directed to the administrators/trustees indicated.
Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office:
Funding your Postgraduate Studies at UCT (brochure)