The University of Cape Town, Regional Office: Canada, is one of the three international offices, set up to maintain relations with alumni worldwide by -
- Organising networking opportunities that foster professional and social contacts amongst alumni of the University of Cape Town;
- Promoting the University of Cape Town, its faculties, staff, students and alumni;
- Providing a conduit for Canadian tax efficient donations to UCT in response to fundraising appeals sent out by the University from time to time.
In Canada, the University of Cape Town holds the status as a ‘prescribed university’ under Section 118.1 of the Canadian Income Tax Act (Schedule VIII, item No. 19). As a qualified donee, donations made directly to the University of Cape Town are eligible for Canadian tax credits. In line with this status, as of 1 January 2011 the University of Cape Town’s Regional Office: Canada will be in a position to receipt donations to UCT.
As of 1 January 2011 the UCT Foundation (1993 – 2010) will no longer be able to accept donations.
Previous scholarship recipients
Presently the Canadian Alumni Bursary in MBChB and the Canadian Alumni Bursaries in postgraduate study are awarded each year from funds raised by Canadian alumni. Other areas of support are in line with UCT’s set priorities, and posted on the UCT Canada website. Here you will also find a downloadable donation/pledge form, and a link for online donations in Canada.
The Regional Office: Canada organises alumni events in all the main centres of Canada where there is interest and a critical mass. Events are held regularly in Toronto and Vancouver. The regional office is available to assist regions with arranging events that will have relevance to UCT or its alumni. Feel free to contact the co-ordinators listed below, or contact Di Stafford, Regional Director, directly.
Richard Cohen ; Tel (h) 604 984 8480
Still to be established. c/o Regional office, Toronto
Di Stafford, Regional Director: Development & Alumni Relations;
Phone: 289 997 4965
Benefits of Alumni participation:
- Stay in touch with fellow alumni who shared the UCT experience;
- Access stimulating lectures and presentations by speakers on current topics of interest;
- Attend informal alumni social events;
- Stay abreast of UCT developments on the global front;
- Maintain an active affiliation to your alma mater and its respected international reputation;
- Make use of business networking opportunities
Development and Program Director
University of Cape Town
Development & Alumni Regional Office
2927 LakeShore Blvd West, Suite 227
TORONTO, ON M8V 1J3