At UCT, we believe that by implementing quality projects like the ones for which we are fundraising here, we can have a significant impact on some of the big challenges facing society. Issues such as poverty and inequality, climate change; gender violence; and schools education, require targeted interventions guided by innovative insights. As the highest ranked university in Africa it is our role to address these in a purposeful way, in order to make a tangible difference.
Gifts from alumni and friends of the University are key in making up the critical shortfall in state funding that all South African universities, including UCT, face. Therefore, we cannot accomplish our fundraising goals without your support.
To assist you in identifying the projects which most closely align with your interests, we've grouped them into ten priority areas:
- Access and Success
- Expanding Student Residences
- My School
- Researcher Development Programmes
- Student Funding
- University's Science, Humanities, and Engineering Partnerships in Africa (USHEPiA)
- Arts and Heritage
- The Gordon Institute for the Performing and Creative Arts
- The Little Theatre's Big Refurbishment Project
- UCT Opera School
- Earth Stewardship
- African Climate and Development Initiative
- Marine Research Institute
- Enterprise and Innovation
- The Evergreen Seed Fund
- UCT Knowledge Co-op
- Health Care
- Centre for Clinical Research, Innovation and Training
- Centre for Public Mental Health
- Centre for Substance Abuse Studies
- Perinatal Mental Health Project
- Pesticides Risk Management
- Schools Development
- iKwezi Primary School Project
- The Stella Clark Teachers' Award
- The UCT Mathematics Competition
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- AIDS Archive
- Centre for Comparative Law in Africa
- Children's Institute
- Forensic Pathology Institute
- Gender, Health and Justice Research Unit
- Graduate School of Development Policy and Practice
Should you wish to make a donation, you can
- donate online using our secure and convenient online facility
- download our banking details to do an electronic funds transfer into the UCT donations account or to set up a debit order
- download a pledge form, complete it and return it to us at email@example.com.
You can also consider making a bequest to the University, and leave a lasting legacy in that way. All donations to UCT are tax deductible under Section 18A of the Income Tax Act as amended.
Contact Deidre Sickle to find out more about our strategic fundraising priorities, and how your gift will have an impact on the lives of students and the communities we serve.
Your support of these initiatives can enable UCT to remain responsive to the social, economic and environmental challenges of our time.
Please consider partnering with UCT today.
Or by phone or fax
From within SA
Tel: 021 650 4142
Fax: 021 650 4667
From outside SA
Tel: +27 21 650 4142
Fax:+27 21 650 4667