The Properties and Services department is responsible for a range of different services to the university community.
The Properties and Services department relies on the university community, staff, students and visitors to adhere to the rules and protocols of the university and to provide initial reports and feedback on services.
Certain of the university service functions are carried out by external service providers; the following conditions of service for service providers are in place.
- The provision of services that are efficient, economical and effective as well as meeting the need of the university community
- The development and maintenance of the facilities
- Ensuring good order and providing a safe campus environment that is conductive to teaching and research
- To act in the best interest of the university
- To adopt professional service-orientated goals and to ensure good management
- A commitment to quality in all spheres
- Adherence to safe, environmentally acceptable practices
- Development of and due care for students and staff
- Accountability for financial resources and institutional assets