We welcome parents to the parent orientation for the parents of first-year students who have been made a firm offer of acceptance at UCT for 2014.
This is traditionally a time when parents are introduced to UCT and allows you to familiarise yourselves with how the University operates. It provides information on how the University is structured and explain what students can expect in their first year of study.
Activities include a formal welcome by the Vice-Chancellor in the Jameson Hall; library tours and meeting the faculty deans.
Talks are organised on topics such as:
- Transport (the Jammie Shuttle service)
- Environmental safety
- Security and crime prevention
- Residence life
- Career management skills
- What to expect at student orientation, and
- Looking after the physical and psychological health of our students: a guide to parents
Parents Orientation takes place on:
- Saturday, 1 February from 09h30 - parents living in Cape Town
- Monday, 3 February from 14h00 - parents living outside of Cape Town/Western Cape
We will email or post notification to parents before the mid January. Kindly diarise the date in the meanwhile. If your child has been made a firm offer of acceptance and you do not receive notification, please complete and submit the appropriate application form for the date you wish to attend (see Links on the right).