We welcome parents to the orientation programme for the parents of first-year students who have been made a firm offer of acceptance at UCT for 2016.
This is traditionally a time when parents are introduced to UCT and allows you to familiarise yourselves with how the University operates. It provides information on how the University is structured and explains what students can expect in their first year of study.
Activities include a formal welcome by the Vice-Chancellor in the Jameson Hall; library tours and meeting the faculty deans.
Talks are organised on topics such as:
- Transport (the Jammie Shuttle service)
- Environmental safety
- Security and crime prevention
- Residence life
- Career management skills
- What to expect at student orientation, and
- Looking after the physical and psychological health of our students: a guide to parents
Parent Orientation takes place on:
- Saturday, 30 January 2016 from 09h00 – parents living in Cape Town
- Saturday, 30 January 2016 from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
- Monday, 01 February 2016 from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
We have emailed or posted notifications to parents before mid-January 2016. Please note the Parent Orientation programmes and application forms are available on this web page. If your son/daughter has been made a firm offer of acceptance and you do not receive notification, please complete and submit the appropriate application form for the date you wish to attend (see the links in the right hand column of this page).
Saturday, 30 January from 09h00 – parents living in Cape Town
Saturday, 30 January from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
Monday, 01 February from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
Application forms for download