We welcome parents to the orientation programme for the parents of first-year students who have been made a firm offer of acceptance at UCT for 2015.
This is traditionally a time when parents are introduced to UCT and allows you to familiarise yourselves with how the University operates. It provides information on how the University is structured and explains what students can expect in their first year of study.
Activities include a formal welcome by the Vice-Chancellor in the Jameson Hall; library tours and meeting the faculty deans.
Talks are organised on topics such as:
- Transport (the Jammie Shuttle service)
- Environmental safety
- Security and crime prevention
- Residence life
- Career management skills
- What to expect at student orientation, and
- Looking after the physical and psychological health of our students: a guide to parents
Parent Orientation takes place on:
- Saturday, 31 January 2015 from 09h00 – parents living in Cape Town
- Saturday, 31 January 2015 from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
- Monday, 02 February 2015 from 14h00 – parents living outside Cape Town/Western Cape
We will email or post notifications to parents before mid January. Kindly diarise the date in the meanwhile. If your son/daughter has been made a firm offer of acceptance and you do not receive notification, please complete and submit the appropriate application form for the date you wish to attend (see Links on the right).