PLEASE NOTE: WHILE WE ARE ABLE TO VERIFY WHETHER A PERSON HAS A SPECIFIED QUALIFICATION FROM UCT OR NOT, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO RELEASE TO PARENTS, GUARDIANS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES ANY PRIVATE INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CURRENT OR PAST STUDENTS' ACADEMIC RECORDS, NOR CAN WE RELEASE COPIES OF THOSE ACADEMIC RECORDS WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OR PROOF OF POWER OF ATTORNEY, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE COMPLIES WITH AN OBLIGATION IMPOSED BY LAW.
The Student Records department strives to provide an outstanding professional service to clients (staff, alumni, students & parents) at all times.
The Student Records Office focuses on the following areas:
- Issuing of official documentation to students
- Official transcripts
- Duplicate degree certificates
- Receiving appeals for readmission from academically excluded students
- Deferred examinations requests
- Examination extra time requests
- Examination recount requests