0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   A A A | Print  Print this page 0





Non-South African & SADC applications

Non-South African or SADC citizens

Such applicants are liable for international fees and will require a study visa. Please refer to the international Full Degree Students section as well as the international fees section of the UCT Fees Handbook.

Please note that applicants for master's and doctoral studies may apply for an International Academic Scholarship Award, which will reduce the international fee. Contact the postgraduate co-ordinator within your faculty.

How and when to apply

When you apply to UCT, your application will be dealt with by the Admissions Office and by the faculty that offers your choice of study. You can contact the Admissions Office at any time before or during the application process, and we will be happy to give you advice:

By email: admissions@uct.ac.za

Postal address

The Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
Private Bag X3

Tel: +27 21 650 2128
Fax: +27 21 650 3736

Application fees

Consult the Fees section for detailed information on fees - see Links on the right.

Please do not send cash in the post. Cash payments may only be made at the cash office (Receipts Cashier), Kramer Law Building, 09h00 to 15h30, Monday to Friday.

If we offer you an academic place or a place in student housing, you will be asked to pay an acceptance fee to secure your place. Acceptance fees will be credited to your student fee account. If you do not take up the place offered to you, the acceptance fee will not be refunded.

Application forms

Application forms are available in mid-February for the following year of study. We begin processing applications in April. Early applications will increase your chances of receiving an early offer of admission.

back to top

Undergrad application deadline

Apply online

Contact us

Admissions Office
Tel: 021 650 2128
Fax: 021 650 5189 / 3736


Fee handbook
Fee structure
Payment & rebate deadlines
Payment methods

Postgraduate degree funding
Postgraduate diploma funding

Student Housing & Residence Life