Payment & rebate deadlines
Note: Please read the downloadable guideline to 2018 Fees and Payment Dates...
Payment deadlines 2017
- Initial payment of fees (for tuition and residence) is due by Friday, 3 March 2017
- Final payment is due 31 July 2017
- Late payments are subject to a one-off late payment fee of 10% of the unpaid amount
For details of initial payment and other important notes, please refer to the Fees handbook, point 1.1 (See link on left sidebar)
Students with outstanding balances on fees accounts at the end of the year will:
- not be allowed to graduate or re-register for the following year
- not receive examination results
- not receive an academic transcript
- not be permitted to register for Summer Term programmes
- have any offer of a place in residence cancelled on 22 January if outstanding fees are not paid by 14 January
Please refer to the Fees handbook, point 1.5, for full details on outstanding fees. (See link on left sidebar)
If you are receiving an external bursary or sponsorship, a copy of the sponsorship letter must be handed in to the Fees Office at the beginning of each academic year.
Deadlines for withdrawal from UCT
If you plan to withdraw from UCT and would like to be reimbursed for fees paid in advance:
- Consult the Fees handbook for withdrawal deadlines. You will not be reimbursed if you withdraw after the deadline.
- Fill in the cancellation of registration form, see Downloads on right, and deliver it by hand or registered mail to your relevant Faculty Office.
Fees still owed to UCT are due immediately on cancellation of studies. Refer to the Fees handbook regarding the cancellation administrative fee.
Deadlines for dropping a course
If you plan to drop a course and would like to be reimbursed for fees paid in advance , you need to complete a refund form, see Downloads on right, by the deadlines outlined in the Fees handbook.
No refunds are given for:
- courses less than one semester long
- the Legal Practice course.
Tel: 021 650 1704
Fax: 021 650 4768
Tel: 021 650 2207
Fax: 021 650 5093
Links to other UCT Bank Accounts