This course is targeted at researchers, postgraduate students and analysts who want the theoretical background and practical skills to analyse consumption survey data, e.g. from the Income and Expenditure Surveys or the Living Conditions Surveys.
• Consumption surveys and Engel curves,
• Engel curves and equivalence scales. Microeconomic theory of demand,
• Estimating Demand equations,
• Social influences on consumption
• Life-cycle considerations,
• Micro and macro issues.
This course will run for 11 weeks online, with one 1.5 hour lecture and one 1.5 hour Stata practical per week. The course will start in the first week of August 2021.