Legal Services is a section within the Office of the Registrar. Legal Services provides in-house professional legal services to the University.
These services involve:
- managing litigation and disputes involving the University(except employment related matters)
- providing legal assistance and advice to University management
- drafting contracts and advising on contracts (except HR and matters dealt with by the Research Contracts and Intellectual Property Services Office).
- dissemination of information on legislative changes
- management, administration and prosecution of student disciplinary matters in the University Student Discipline Tribunal and the University Tribunal of Appeal
- appointment of University Commissioners of Oaths