UCT is implementing an online platform where staff can purchase travel, office supplies, courier services, research consumables, and more.
All UCT policies and procedures apply to the eProcurement environment.
It's paperless, it's easy, and each transaction is approved by the fund holder via SMS or email. Payment is by PCard or via Creditors with a SAP purchase order. For non PCard payments, the transaction workflows electronically to the SAP purchaser for completion.
UCT eProcurement is powered by a software application, mymarket.com. This operates via the internet to electronically purchase products and services from UCT preferred vendors. In addition, eProcurement supports the buying and selling of used UCT furniture and equipment via the Trading Post.
Advantages of UCT eProcurement
- provides an easy-to-use eProcurement platform for UCT staff
- facilitates online purchasing from UCT preferred vendors
- provides automated workflow for relevant UCT authorisations and policy compliance
- enables PCard payment for certain vendors e.g. travel, couriers
- reduces processing time and risk
- checks SAP budget availability
- provides for buying and selling of UCT furniture and IT equipment via the Trading Post