How do I access certain areas with my card?
- Every access card has been granted rights to certain areas. These rights can only be changed by the access control office.
- They will only change rights on a card if they get written instructions from the faculty office. You will therefore have to contact the faculty office.
Where do I get a duplicate card if I have lost my card?
- You will have to physically report to the access control office, housed in the Robert Leslie building. They have all your access rights and your photo on computer.
How do I get a parking disk?
- You have to contact the UCT traffic office, situated in the geological science extension building on Upper Campus.
What is the cost of a parking disk?
- Disk prices vary as there are different types of disks. Contact the UCT traffic office for exact prices and to find out which disk you are entitled to receive or purchase.
Where am I allowed to park?
- Red disk holders park in red parking bays and yellow disk holders park in yellow parking bays. Contact the UCT traffic office for more information.
What are the applicable fines (rand amounts)?
- These depend on the offence. Contact the UCT traffic office for more information.
Where can a pay my fine?
- At the UCT traffic office.
How do I appeal a ticket?
- You appeal to the traffic court.
I drive more than one car. Can I have a parking disk for both?
- You can apply for duplicate disks. You are however only allowed to have one car on campus at any one time.
Do I qualify for a disabled parking disk?
- You will have to apply for a disabled parking disk through the disability unit.
I have lectures at various venues. Can I move from campus to campus with the same disk?
- Yes, but if you have a yellow disk then you are only allowed to park in yellow parking bays.