We welcome parents to the orientation programme for the parents of first-year students who have been made a firm offer of acceptance at UCT for 2017.
This is traditionally a time when parents are introduced to UCT and allows you to familiarise yourselves with how the University operates. It provides information on how the University is structured and explains what students can expect in their first year of study.
Activities include a formal welcome by the Vice-Chancellor in the Jameson Hall; library tours and meeting the faculty deans.
Information will be provided on topics such as:
- Transport (the Jammie Shuttle service)
- Environmental safety
- Security and crime prevention
- Residence life
- Career management skills
- What to expect at student orientation, and
- Looking after the physical and psychological health of our students: a guide to parents
The Parent Orientation programmes for 2017 will take place on the following dates. Please click on the correct session/date in order to complete the rsvp form:
- Wednesday, 1 March, Parent Orientation programme starting at 14:00 for all parents of students have been accepted in the Faculties of Commerce and Humanities only, and who are not resident in the Cape Peninsula.
- Saturday, 4 March, Parent Orientation programme starting at 09:00 for all parents residing in the Cape Peninsula (all Faculties).
- Saturday, 4 March, Parent Orientation programme starting at 14:00 for all parents of students who have been accepted in the Faculties of Engineering & the Built Environment, Science, Health Sciences and Law only, and who are not resident in the Cape Peninsula.