For the latest information download the fees and payment dates guideline.
For details of initial payment and other important notes, please refer to the Fees handbook, point 1.1 (See link on left sidebar.)
Students with outstanding balances on fees accounts at the end of the year will:
- not be allowed to graduate or re-register for the following year
- not receive examination results
- not receive an academic transcript
- not be permitted to register for Summer Term programmes
- have any offer of a place in residence cancelled if outstanding fees are not paid by the deadline.
Please refer to the Fees handbook, point 1.5, for full details on outstanding fees. (See link on left sidebar.)
If you are receiving an external bursary or sponsorship, a copy of the sponsorship letter must be handed in to the Fees Office at the beginning of each academic year.
Deadlines for withdrawal from UCT
If you plan to withdraw from UCT and would like to be reimbursed for fees paid in advance:
- Consult the Fees handbook for withdrawal deadlines. You will not be reimbursed if you withdraw after the deadline.
- Fill in the cancellation of registration form, see 'Downloads' on the right, and deliver it by hand or registered mail to your relevant faculty office.
Fees still owed to UCT are due immediately on cancellation of studies. Refer to the Fees handbook regarding the cancellation administrative fee.
Deadlines for dropping a course
If you plan to drop a course and would like to be reimbursed for fees paid in advance , you need to complete a refund form, see 'Downloads' on the right, by the deadlines outlined in the Fees handbook.
No refunds are given for:
- courses less than one semester long
- the Legal Practice course.